In the food processing game, having a ‘stopping contamination’ mind-set is almost second nature – because it has to be. All areas of your business are heavily influenced by the need to keep potential contamination out of your product, from the design of your factory, to your products being packaged and shipped out to your waiting customers.
A lot of the ‘accepted’ standards in factory design, and traffic flow within the factory, were established many years ago, based on ‘best practice’ at the time. With this in mind let’s look at the following three scenarios and then a solution to potentially save you money.
Do any or all of these scenarios apply?
Pedestrian entrances from low to high-care zones (commonly known as the ‘red-line’)
- Do your production staff change their footwear or put on overshoes every time they entered or exited the red-line? Think of how many staff you have, how many times in a shift do they cross the red-line. How long does it take them to change their footwear each time? Aside from the time saving, how much would you save in gumboot or overshoe costs.
- Do you have automatic boot cleaning machines? Think of the cost relating to purchasing, running costs, maintenance and spare parts.
Forklift and wheeled trolley entrances to production areas
- Do you have a separate forklift to operate exclusively inside the red-line to avoid cross contamination? Could you reduce the number of operating forklifts, and reduce the relating costs, if one machine could move between zones, without risking contamination?
- As with the above point, do you have other wheeled items: trolleys, rubbish skips, pallet trucks? How much would be saved if they could use the same common entrance and exit point.
Maintenance workshop entrances into production areas
- Is there a risk of any swarf tracking from your engineering department into your production areas?
All of the above scenarios can and have been overcome in factories around the world, just like yours, by installing the unique Profilgate System.
Scientifically proven to remove and capture the dirt from tires and shoes, as you drive or walk over it, before reaching the critical zone. A system originally developed for the high-end German car industry can now challenge traditional thinking in three specific areas of food factory design.
The patented system actively scrubs off the dirt from tires, wheels and shoes when they pass over the ProfilGate grates and its unique angled brushes. Dirt and foreign matter fall down and are collected in the capturing tray, underneath. The system operates automatically and does not need any external energy supply.
Used dry or available as a ‘wet’ version which not only cleans the shoes and wheels but also applies sanitising solution to them as they pass over.
By strategically placing ProfilGate® throughout your building, you can now capture up to 90% of dirt – which is otherwise attached to your wheels, casters and tires – before it migrates and enters your production facility.
If you are looking at reducing the costs in your factory and improving the level of hygiene, then this fresh approach to a traditional problem could be your answer.
6 Good Reasons for ProfilGate®
Improved cleanliness, better quality and reduced maintenance cost are some of the many advantages of ProfilGate®.
Your company can demonstrate to its customers, suppliers and auditors that it is willing to improve cleanliness beyond the regulated hygiene and safety requirements.
1. Technical cleanliness
In most cases, the improved indoor cleanliness through the use of ProfilGate® is not only visible at the entrance, but deep within production. Your employees, customers, suppliers and auditors will see at first glance that you are actively achieving the highest level of technical cleanliness in your company.
2. Improved hygiene
The regulations on separation of hygienic areas are permanently tightened up. With ProfilGate® Aqua you integrate active cleaning and disinfection in a single step only – for highest hygiene requirements.
3. Less customer complaints
ProfilGate® can prevent contamination of surfaces, which could lead to complaints. In this way, contamination is avoided within both – production and storage. The results are a stronger image, less breakdowns and less depreciation – so your product and brand quality are improved.
4. Less cleaning cost
ProfilGate® automatically collects the dirt in every entrance or driving zone. As a result, less debris and dust are transported into the facility. This extends the cleaning cycles by about 40%! More important, your sweepers only clean during usage, whereas ProfilGate® cleans all day!
5. Reduced refurbishing cost
You will extend the lifetime of your epoxy coating or industrial resin flooring as the surface gets less scratched. Dirt on tires, wheels and casters acts otherwise like sandpaper. Overall you will notice far less damages throughout facilities.
6. Improved health and safety for your employees
Reduced dirt will create a better air quality environment while saving filter cost. The cleaner and dryer floors will reduce the risk of accidents, since the slip hazard is minimised. Another major improvement is that forklifts are less likely to spin or slide.